2 c cooked chicken
1 pack low sodium taco seasoning
1 8 oz pack shredded cheese (save a handful to sprinkle on top before going in the oven.)
1 8 oz lite sour cream
1 can Rotel with green chilies
2 c raw spinach (optional)
2 cans crescent rolls
1 lime (juiced)
Finely crushed tortilla chips
1. Chop the cooked chicken, add in taco seasoning, cheese, sour cream, Rotel. Juice the lime and add this to the mixture. Add spinach if desired.
2. Unroll the crescent dough and separate the triangles. Arrange on a greased round cookie sheet or baking stone with the wide end overlapping and the points toward the outside.
3. Add a spoonful of the chicken mixture on the center of each triangle. Sprinkle crushed tortilla chips on top of the mixture.
4. Bring the pointy end of the triangle up and over the filling, tuck under the wide end in the center. Top each piece of dough with more crushed tortilla chips and a little bit of shredded cheese.
5. Bake according to the crescent roll package, probably 375º for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and dough is golden brown.
I served it with Spanish rice one night and with Chicken Enchilada Soup another night. Both were great!