1 lb chicken- cooked, shredded
1 clove garlic, pressed
4 c low sodium chicken broth
1 c masa harina (this is a mexican corn flour-I found it at Harris Teeter)
3 c water
1 can enchilada sauce
16 oz Velveeta OR 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese+ 2 tbsp milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
crushed tortilla chips
1. Add garlic and chicken broth to large pot, heat on medium.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine masa harina with 2 c water. Whisk until well blended. Add into pot with broth.
3. Add remaining 1 c water, cheese, enchilada sauce, and spices. Bring to a boil stirring frequently (I learned the hard way that it will stick easily!)
4. Shred chicken into small bites and add to the soup. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes until mixture has thickened. Add black beans in during the last 5 minutes or so. (They stick very easily to the bottom no matter how much you stir if you add them in before.)
5. Serve! It's great with Jalapeno Cheddar Bread...yum!