Here's what you need:
- 8 whole Whole WheatFlour Tortillas
- Just a little Butter Or Margarine
- 2 cups Grilled Pineapple, Sliced
- 3 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 3 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Barbecue Sauce
What to do:
1. Grill your pineapple in a grill pan (or on a real grill if you're feeling adventurous. Me? I was feeling lazy. So I used the pan.)
2. Put your chicken breasts into a large Ziploc bag, pound with a mallot (or a large jar of spagetti sauce if you have the same proper culinary etiquette as me) it to make it flat. It will grill quicker this way.
3. Season the flattened chicken with seasoning of your choice. I threw a little salt, pepper, and ground red pepper on mine.
4. Spray grill pan with cooking spray and grill chicken until no pink shows in the middle. Brush a little BBQ sauce over it as it finishes grilling. Dice chicken into bite sized pieces.
5. Grill tortilla on both sides with a bit of butter on them.
6. To assemble quesadillas:
-Spread cheese over 4 grilled tortilla
- Arrange chicken pieces evenly over the cheese
-Add pineapple slices and jalapeno slices
-Drizzle BBQ sauce over top (you could add cilantro here if you're a fan. I did not.)
- Add 2nd grilled tortilla on top of each one, giving you 4 complete quesdillas.
7. Put in oven for a few minutes to warm or throw back into the grill pan (Careful not to miss the pan when you throw them though.)
8. Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges, serve with a slice of lime, sour cream, pico de gallo, whatever you fancy with your quesadillas! Enjoy!